Lingham’s Chili Coulis Steak
If you’re looking for a sauce to serve alongside steak then look no further but remember this lovely brick-red chili sauce also tastes good on everything including chicken, beef, and even turkey.
- 2 pc ribeye or sirloin steak
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Oil for cooking
- Roasted cherry tomatoes
- Roasted potatoes
- Buttered baby French beans
- ½ bottle Lingham’s Hot Chili Sauce
- 6 shallots, chopped
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
- Cut the potatoes into cubes, toss with oil and season with salt and pepper, roast in oven until cooked, roast the cherry tomatoes together about 5 minutes before then potatoes are done.
- For the beans, blanch them and toss in a little melted butter and salt to taste.
- Season steak with salt and pepper and pan fry until desired doneness (i.e. medium rare, medium etc). Set aside to rest while you make the coulis.
- To make the coulis, add 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan, sauté shallots until soft and fragrant, add in the rest of the ingredients and reduce over medium high heat until thick.
- Arrange accompaniments on 2 plates, you either serve the steak sliced or whole, drizzle with coulis and enjoy!