Lingham’s Spicy Penang Baba Sandwich (Roti Baba)
This authentic spicy chicken sandwich will really tickle the taste buds. A delicious combination of flavors really suiting those who crave for that spicy hot chili taste. And if there are no spices or chili available, naturally we recommend adding a little extra Lingham’s to the mix.
- 12 slices roti benggali or Hainan bread with crusts
- 6 eggs, whisked
- Oil for frying
- 300g minced chicken (preferably with a little fat in it) or preferred meat
- 100g cabbage, julienned / sliced finely
- 2 big red onions, sliced finely
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 50ml oil
- 4 TBSP light soy sauce
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp sugar
Lingham’s dipping sauce: (mix all together)
- 4 TBSP Lingham’s hot chili sauce
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 red chili, sliced
- Make up the filling first by heating the oil in a pan and fry onion, garlic until fragrant and starting to brown.
- Next add in the chicken, cabbage and ingredients B and continue stir frying until the mixture is almost dry. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat enough oil in a pan to fry the bread. To make the roti BB, spread the meat onto the bread to make 6 sandwiches.
- Dip and coat sandwiches in the whisked eggs and pan fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove and drain off excess oil on a kitchen towel.
- Serve immediately with Lingham’s dipping sauce.