Braised Crab Meat Soup With JB Worcestershire Sauce
What You Need:
- 100 g Frozen crab meat
- 2 dried Chinese mushroom – soaked, soften and sliced
- ½ piece bamboo shoot – sliced thinly (optional)
- 1 small piece (approx. 10 g) ginger – minced
- 1 egg white – lightly beaten
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 cup (500 ml) water
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp Chinese rice wine (I’m using Shao Tsing Hua Tiao)
- ½ tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp water
- Chopped coriander
- White pepper
- JB Worcestershire Sauce
- In a soup pot, add in water and chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Add in the ginger, mushrooms and bamboo shoots and cook for 5 – 10 mins.
- Add in frozen crab meat, the rest of the stock base seasoning and bring to boil again. Give it a taste and adjust with more seasoning if necessary.
- Turn down the heat to medium low and drizzle in the thickening solution slowly, stirring constantly until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Lastly, pour in the egg white slowly and stir as you pour. This will create strands of egg white instead of clumping together.
- Turn off heat and serve with the above garnish.